Sunday, May 3, 2009

3 Months


Dear Aiwyn,
You turned 3 months on Friday. I started back to work this past week and have dearly missed spending my days with you. When I would get home from work you would look like a crazy baby shaking your head with your mouth open panting. I'm not sure how glad you were that your Mama was home, but you were completely ecstatic that the milk maker was home and you wanted milk NOW. You would nurse about every hour and gorge yourself so much that you would spit up. Friday night you slept in our bed all night because I just couldn't stop snuggling with you and I enjoyed every second of it.

I started crying 5 days before I started back to work and I think I got most of the crying out of my system before I actually went to work. It really helped me that your Pops brought you to my work 2 days last week during lunch so we could spend time and eat together. On my second day, I had a lunch meeting and couldn't see you. I called your Pops when I got back from my meeting to check on you. You were having a great time on your play mat. Your Pops said he was going to put you on the phone. I started talking to you and you cooed back. That's when I broke down. However, your Pops surprised me with a digital picture frame the 1st night I got home and it's really helped to see all those pretty pictures of you all day.

You are still such a sweet, happy baby. You smile all the time and coo. You wake up with a big, goofy grin on your face. I think you got that from your Pops. I can't help be in a good mood when I see your happy face. Your "bewitching hour" has tamed. I should further clarify and say that your Pops and I now know what you want during your "bewitching hour." This is still usually between 6-9 pm. You are tired, but not tired enough to actually go to bed. You just want to nurse and then lay on your play mat & wiggle around. You don't want to be held, just left alone to wiggle and de-stress from the day.

Your new thing is that you like to be held sitting up... I think you are working on those core and neck muscles. You also have found out you love sucking on your hands. You now grasp onto your dress or burp cloth and try to suck on those too. One of the things that makes you smile the most is the fan. We say that it is your favorite #1 inanimate object. Your Pops has named the fan downstairs, Fred the fan. Your second favorite inanimate object is the light in our living room. You stare at both of these things and then break out in a smile like you are sharing an inside joke that only the two of you know and can hear.

I am enjoying watching you discover the world around you and look forward to more new discoveries and joys.



Mucho,
Mama

3 comments:

Susan said...

Glad the first week went ok. Give her a snuggle for me.

Marcie said...

I love these little numbered onesies... did you make those?

She is so sweet! I know you had to hate going back to work. I'm sure it's already feeling more normal though, as time goes on.

We need to come meet her! Josh and I were talking about it the other day. We're going to be done with this house in a couple weeks, so maybe we can plan something after that.

dinisha said...

Marcie, I did make the onesies. I got the idea from my mother-in-law and sister-in-law. They are my only applique projects... and they look good enough for the photos. I make them out of the scrap fabric from all the sewing projects I've done for her room (I'll do a post when I finish the last project). I thought it was a great idea to take pictures of her each month to see how she grows. I just missed out on making a 0 (for a newborn) and 1 month:(